MASCA is pleased to present several awards to inspiring counselors, colleagues, and leaders in our schools and communities. These people serve on the front lines to promote the success and highest potential for our young people. Is there someone whose service and commitment you would like to recognize? We are seeking nominations for the following award categories:
- Counselor of the Year: A current MASCA member and licensed counselor serving during the current school year in an elementary, middle, or high school, who has made outstanding contributions to his/her school and is running a top-notch, comprehensive school counseling program.
- Administrator of the Year: An administrator who has made an outstanding and significant contribution to the counseling movement, developed and/or implemented an innovative program, or initiated unusual improvements of school counseling services in his/her area of responsibility.
- Leadership Award: A current MASCA member and licensed counselor serving during the current school year in an elementary, middle, or high school who demonstrates leadership in the counseling profession at the local, state, or national level.
- Rising Star Award: An individual who has entered the school counseling profession within the last five years. The award winner is a model for new counselors demonstrating the highest standards of professional competence, outstanding contributions to the school community and/or profession, and has demonstrated strong rapport with students, parents, and school personnel.
- The George Thompson Memorial Scholarship Award: A $1000 scholarship award named in honor of George Thompson, a longtime friend of and contributor to MASCA, given to a school counseling graduate student who demonstrates exceptional promise for leadership in contribution to our profession. Nominations from counselor educators are encouraged.
- MASCA Special Award: An individual who has made a contribution of unusual significance that substantially affects the counseling profession. The contribution directly affects counselors, students, or a school program and the individual is not eligible for any other MASCA awards.
- MASCA Counselor Educator of the Year: A current MASCA member and counselor educator teaching during the current academic year in a higher education setting, who has made outstanding contributions in teaching, research, and/or service and is making significant contributions to the school counseling field.
Nominations are due by January 31st. Nominations will be reviewed in February, and award winners will be notified in early March.
Questions may be directed to Amy Cook, Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com. The direct link to the nomination form is available at: https://goo.gl/forms/GfQ2aMBEEEhuCh2B2
View some past MASCA Award recipients: